Data from the Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics showed an increase in the value of Egyptian exports to the United States of America to reach $2.5 billion in 2021, compared to $1.6 billion in 2020, an increase of 56.3%; The value of Egyptian imports from America amounted to $6.1 billion in 2021, compared to $4.7 billion in 2020, an increase of 30.9%.
The statistics indicated that the value of trade exchange between Egypt and the United States of America increased to $8.6 billion in 2021, compared to $6.3 billion in 2020, an increase of 37.4%.
The most important commodity groups exported by Egypt to the United States of America during 2021 were as follows:
1. Apparel worth $1.2 billion.
2. Carpets and floor coverings worth $206 million.
3. Plastics and articles thereof, with a value of 167.5 million dollars.
4. Glass and articles thereof, valued at $90.3 million.
The most important commodity groups imported by Egypt from the United States of America during the year 2021
1. Cereals, oilseeds and medicinal plants, worth $1.6 billion.
2. Fuels, mineral oils and their distillation products, with a value of one billion dollars.
3. Pharmacy products valued at $447.8 million.
4. Airplanes and spaceships, worth $418 million.
5. Boilers, machinery and automatic devices, with a value of $352.4 million.
The value of US investments in Egypt amounted to 1.6 billion dollars during the fiscal year 2020/2021, compared to 1.4 billion dollars during the 2019/2020 fiscal year, an increase of 15.1%.
The value of remittances from Egyptians working in America recorded $975.2 million during the 2019/2020 fiscal year, compared to $842 million in the 2018/2019 fiscal year, an increase of 15.8%. While the remittances of Americans working in Egypt amounted to $49.9 million during the 2019/2020 fiscal year, compared to $59.3 million during the 2018/19 fiscal year, a decrease of 15.9%.